Our Client is a Geelong based company who specialises in manufacturing and installing quality staircases within impressive commercial and residential spaces.
With an experienced team of craftsman and trust from their solid client base, Staircase Constructions believe that their vision to be ‘Australia’s most Professional and Dependable Provider of Staircases’ will be achieved by continuing to grow their first-class team who are approachable, respectful, and committed. Their culture prioritises the support of new team members, guiding them to become great at what they do and setting them up for success.
About the Role
The Estimator/Draftsperson responsibilities role will include:
- Liaising with clients to understand their requirements
- Using design software to draw basic stairs creating proposals to send to the client
- Using Inventor software to draw complex stairs creating proposals to send to the client
- Follow up on proposals sent
- Liaising with our technical team using Inventor software to create manufacture drawings for complex stairs.
This is a Full Time position with attractive remuneration commensurate with your qualifications, skills and experience OR with a salary range of $55,000 to $69,000 depending on your qualifications, skills and experience.
Ideally, you will have previous experience in a similar role within the building or construction industry and a trade or tertiary related qualification in drafting or architecture.
You will have the ability to read construction plans and drawings and experience liaising with clients around the scope of work required and preparing proposals.
You are hands-on, highly organised, with strong IT skills, a solid understanding of the Microsoft Office suite and a demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new software and systems. A strong customer service focus with both internal and external customers, your strong interpersonal skills allow you to influence others and resolve issues.
A demonstrated fast learner, pedantic about quality with an eye for accuracy and detail, you will display a high degree of initiative, problem-solving and a drive for continuous improvement. Your ability to adapt to changing priorities while still dealing with the day to day issues will be reflected in your capability to manage your time to achieve results.
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced skills with Autodesk Inventor software
What’s on Offer
- Work Life Balance – the opportunity to work predominantly close to home with travel opportunities, and have a Monday to Friday roster with no weekend work.
- Career Progression – their Managerial staff all started in other roles and were given leadership opportunities within their business.
- The Care Factor – as an employee of Staircase Constructions, you will be looked after by the Company and they are offering a ‘Job for Life’. Currently, through the pandemic, they have operating business as usual.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.