At eQuality Support, they bring together health specialists and disability support workers to empower people with disabilities to live the life they choose.
They are a fast-growing business with offices in Ballarat and Geelong. They believe circumstances don’t determine where you can go, they only determine where you start.
Looking to take the next step in your support services career? As Team Coordinator, your efforts will scale the number of activities and life outcomes clients can achieve. Your success is defined by how well your team can support their clients.
Embracing diversity within their workforce, you’ll supervise teams and respond to individual needs, supporting people to thrive in their roles. With their clients having complex or high needs, generally requiring 24/7 support, they need someone reliable with experience in this area who can work across multiple locations.
You will also work alongside allied health professionals to ensure excellent client outcomes and personal goals are achieved, strengthening capacity and independence wherever possible.
- A natural organiser, problem-solver and communicator, you’re calm in a crisis and use your initiative and good judgment to get through the needs of the day.
- You’ll be at ease coordinating rosters, recruiting staff and running training sessions.
- Following processes and procedures is second nature to you, as is using technology.
- You’ll work well within your team while leading it, and you’ll use your excellent organising and time management skills to prioritise tasks.
- You will champion consistency and continuously find ways to improve.
- You will be part of a 4-week rotating on-call roster, which will see you respond to escalated staff calls, managing after-hours shift cancellations and occasionally filling in.
What they can offer:
- A competitive salary and supportive team environment
- Excellent career opportunities in a growing company
- Access to a growing library of online learning
- Access to free counselling for any issue at any time, through their Employee Assistance Program
- A mostly paperless service, they use tablet devices such as iPads to record and access client plans, handover, and reporting.
- Feeling valued and heard, they promise to recognise your work and seek your feedback.
How to apply
Firstly, if you’re passionate about person-centred disability support, download the position description and read about the Team Coordinator role. Second, if your skills match the requirements, they would love to hear from you via an application.
To learn more about the position, click here.
To apply for this role, please send a Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Applications close 03 September 2021.